SMA recognizes the importance of continual evaluation in order to monitor its impact and make improvements accordingly, and we evaluate our program outcomes in five key areas: sports activities, social issue, study hall, service learning, and sports tours.
- Surveys-semi-annual and annual tools used to measure stakeholder opinion:
- Parents Survey-annual collection of parents feedback
- Principal Survey- semi-annual collection of administration feedback
- Student Surveys- annual and collection of participant feedback
- Annual Program Survey-year end reflections
- Service learning Survey- participant survey after each service project & final evaluation
- Sports Tours- participant survey after each college visit & final evaluation
Feedback from the schools, community, and parents has shown that this program is having positive effects on the students. In recognition of our outstanding work, SMA was awarded the Exceptional Results Inclusivity Award by the United Way for our outstanding work with un-tapped potential male students. We also won the NAACP Award and are currently the two time State Basketball champions.
- SMA has served over 100 untapped-potential male students in grades five through twelve
- 95% of the students now plan to attend college
- 80% of the students increase one letter grade
- Total of 50 kids scholarship to play basketball
- Total of 11 kids scholarship to play football
- College students who mentor said this program was an experience of a lifetime and because of their involvement, will continue to give philanthropically